Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gorilla Artfare's Second Birthday

I'm lucky to be a member of a really great artist collective by the name of Gorilla Artfare. It's an amazingly talented group of artists. January 24rd was the second anniversary of our blog and we all decided to celebrate by riffing on another Gorillas work. The pairings were done at random, and I was lucky to get Sergio Lopez - aka Main Loop. I thought his series of Hip Hop portrait paintings were really inspiring, so I did my own take on this one. I would have liked to give it a little more attention, but as usual I've been busy with lots of little things cropping up to eat away at my personal time. Anyway, I had alot of fun with it, despite being a bit rushed. Here it is...

DeadMello_MainLoop_BGirl_72dpi

Cody Tilson covered my Wolf Girl piece - I was really stoked to see what he did with it. On the 24th, there was a huge post on the GA blog with all the pieces - and all the work was incredible and inspiring, check it out!

Thanks go out to all the Gorillas for the insight and inspiration they've shared with me over the years, and a special thanks to Victoria Maderna for organizing the 2nd b-day event.

No comments:

Post a Comment